Summer = BBQ. BBQ = Burgers. And there’s no better way to enjoy this summer staple than on a Saturday afternoon, cold drink in hand, with loved ones around. So, to get you set up for the weekend, here is my go-to burger recipe:
- 1lb M&B 80/20 Ground Beef Chuck
- ½ cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt & pepper to season
- Mix all ingredients together (minus the S&P) until incorporated. Try to avoid over-mixing as it can cause the burgers to become dense and a bit tough.
- Form your patties. I like to form them slightly bigger than the bun to account for any shrinkage once they hit the heat.
- Fire up your grill!
- Sprinkle your burgers with salt and pepper just before putting them on the grill. This ensures your patties stay nice and juicy.
- Grill the patties for 10-12 minutes, flipping once only.
Andy the Butcher© pro tip: If you are looking for a medium-rare cook (with a hint of pink in the middle), chill your burgers in the fridge for an hour or so before grilling.